Monday, February 21, 2011

Sting of the Flame

Brave. I will say as I was walking into Jon's room at the hospital Saturday night, the temptation to either walk away or just pull out some tubes of his if he was asleep was there, but I pushed them aside. Maybe it was a bad thing that I did. Maybe not. Only time will tell.

Anyways, as I set up my usual camera system and everything, Jon started waking up. We had some brief conversation, before I said I'd be trying an ink-blot test tonight to see something. I had hid the, what was it again, Operator Symbol in the middle of the stack, to see what kind of reaction he would give. It started off good, he seeing random objects as I would pretend to write them down. Then, the Operator Symbol card came up. And then, what's the phrase again? The shit hit the fuckin' fan.

The Operator Symbol, when Jon saw it, he froze directly in place. His mouth, which was talking at the time, was frozen mid sentence, as well as his eyes just blankly staring at the card. I tried calling out his name a few times, just to see if it would shake him out of it. It took him about five minutes to snap out of it. That's when the yelling and the flailing started to happen. It was like the past few times when he started speaking at that kind of speak where almost everything he said didn't make sense. Only this time, he was yelling it in the most god awful mix of anger and fear that anyone could ever hear.

It took the Doctors not even three minutes to come rushing into the room, trying to restrain Jon to where he was and giving him sedatives. But, it didn't seem to work at first. He just flailed harder and stronger, while yelling out random things. Then, he yelled out one more sentence before passing out altogether.

"Slender Man, have mercy and kill me now!"

That phrase is still ringing in my ears. As I stood in the back and watched it all happen, I swear I saw something outside Jon's window for a split moment. But, when I went to go look, it was gone. Strange, yes. But, the doctors were ushering me out of the room then, so I had to collect my things and go, being cautious to make sure no one saw the Operator Symbol card as I left.

I drove straight home and tried watching the video footage. But, something had gone wrong with the tapes. They were fine up onto the Operator card came up. Then, it looked like someone had tampered with them. The audio was extremely distorted, the video field was just as messed up. And, it looked like someone tall was standing in the corner next to Jon's bed the whole time. I've still yet to come up with an explanation for this, I was the only one who had even touched the camera, let alone there was no time to tamper with it at all. None of it added up.

Then, yesterday in the middle of the day, I got a call from the hospital. Jon was dead. He apparently had chewed through the restraints around his arms and slammed his head against the glass of his window until he bled to death on the floor. It was a pretty gruesome sight to see from the description of it. As I was talking to them on the phone, I looked out my window, and I swear to whatever deity you believe in I saw someone fucking standing there. Luckily, I was at the point where I could hang up my phone and just dive straight to the ground in fright. When I looked up, whoever was there was gone. But damn, it was freaky.

When I got up this morning the same window was open yet again. I'm sensing a pattern here, but I'm still a bit shaken up over Jon killing himself to think about it. I have the sanity to post this though and get a few opinions. Though, I feel like something is still at my window watching, but I really don't want to look right now.

Brave. Any other explanations for this? You're the only one I've heard from yet and you seem to know what you're talking about.

6 comments:

  1. Explanations?

    You overstepped your boundaries. You got involved with one of His. You tried to...fix him. He doesn't like that. Slender Man wants them scared. He wants them broken. I think it's like entertainment to Him. Maybe it's food. Hell if I know.

    What I DO know is that now He's noticed you. That is NOT a good thing. Enjoy your game of cat and mouse. And remember, if you don't play by His rules, hH might just have you disqualified.

    ReplyDelete
  2. This is almost making it sound like I was doomed from the start. This... This urban legend, should I even call it that anymore? It seems to real to be true. I... I don't want to believe it. But, the facts have stared at me through the window, forced my patient to kill himself, and probably countless other things.

    Nonetheless, whatever is happening right now, I'm apparently involved in it now. Whatever happens to someone, I'm involved as well now, so it affects me to, right? This all just seems like it isn't happening, yet at the same time it is. Answer these questions and I can see if I understand all of this crap sooner.

    ReplyDelete
  3. No.

    Yes.

    This is no game. It's not some thing we all tell to scare each other. It's not funny; what few laughs we have is like whistling past a graveyard.

    You're right in the thick of it now. I don't think He'll just let you go. He's going to be everywhere you are. He's going to take every chance to ruin your life. Be ready, Daedalus. Slenderman has his own sort of maze, and you can only pray never to see it.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Great. I'm great at games. And I wish the internet could portray my sarcasm at the moment.

    He has a maze... Daedalus made a maze you know, one for the Minotaur, if you're well versed with Greek Mythology. Mind telling me a bit more about this... Maze of his?

    ReplyDelete
  5. I know, my friend. I know. Greek Mythology is second only to Norse in my book.

    I don't know much about it. We've only seen what it DOES to people. Apparantly, it exists in your mind, but it can drive you very mad. It's like...like a nightmare, but you don't get to wake up.

    I think it shows you parts of your life you wish you could forget. Things that you can't let go. I'm not sure.

    http://whatyouareinthedark.blogspot.com/2011/02/target.html

    That's all I can offer.

    ReplyDelete
  6. A maze in your mind? Well... If I'm already going to be fucking damned to hell by this... living nightmare, I might as well try to offer up whatever I can to try to see what I can to figure out this stuff.

    If it's a maze in a mind, and people dealing with repressed memories, this is MY domain. I'm a therapist, I make a living helping people out with their problems. If it's something psychological that they are dealing with, I can offer up my services to help them out.

    I think I'll start doing a bit of digging around about this Maze and whatever else I can help with, but if it's something like stuff that is dealt with in the mind, I can easily help out as much as I can.

    ReplyDelete